Wings of Angels http://recoverwithangels.com/

My name is Linda Fisher, and the idea for my Gift Baskets came to me after undergoing a double mastectomy in January 2003.

Wings of Angels (www.recoverwithangels.com) has beautifully designed baskets for the recovering breast cancer surgery patient -- easing discomfort and to help calm the spirit, relieve stress and anxiety.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Finding True Meaning for Myself before Sharing with Others

It's been fun enjoying end-of-summer pursuits -- walks outside and looking forward to one more beach trip.

Stacy Shelton
On Wings of Angels business, I've been enjoying finding things to change in some of my baskets.  It's a time consuming process because I'm looking at books, and carefully reading and evaluating before deciding to share with others.  I'd like to add a selection of books for the Tea Time gift basket.  What I didn't expect is how touching and meaningful the book selection experience would be.  I'd like to tell you about a couple of the resources:

Stacy Shelton wrote of her roadmap journey from fear to solace in Me, the Crazy Woman, and Breast Cancer...a "hauntingly moving memoir that will leave you knowing all of life's lessons are to be cherished".  This book took me back to memory lane making it a difficult at times to read, but still could not put it down.  When I was done reading her book. I gave Stacy a call to let her know how beautiful the book was written and all the ways of how her story touched me.

I've been getting more involved with communicating with children about Cancer through my work with Tender Talk gift baskets and Ellen McVicker's Butterfly Kisses and Wishes On Wings Book.  Here's a great resource from CancerCare for Kids - a one page fact sheet on talking to your kids about your cancer diagnosis. 

As I come across cancer meaningful resources, they get posted on the Wings of Angels facebook page.  So see you there!

Warmly,


Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment